Level 2 Survey

This survey is suitable for conventionally built properties that are in reasonable condition and have not been very significantly extended or modified.

“This report uses clear language, annotated pictures and a traffic-light rating system to ensure you fully understand the construction and condition of your property, together with guidance on maintenance and repair requirements.”

A Level 2 survey can be offered with or without a market valuation.

Level 3 Survey

This survey is for properties that are older, in poor condition, of non-standard construction, have been very significantly extended or modified, or if you are planning your own major works.

“The Level 3 survey is the most comprehensive inspection and report available and provides you with an in-depth analysis of the property’s construction and condition, together with detailed repair and maintenance instructions. Implications for energy efficiency and sustainability are also explained.”

The Level 3 survey can be offered with or without a market valuation.

RICS Help To Buy Valuation

If you purchased your property using the government’s Help To Buy scheme then, when you come to sell, remortgage or want to repay your Help To Buy loan, you will need to obtain a valuation report in the correct form from a RICS Registered Valuer.

As a RICS Registered Valuer, I am able to provide Help To Buy Valuations in the form required by Homes England and I can schedule the valuation to ensure it fits in with your timetable for selling or remortgaging.


A RICS Red Book valuation is a formal, evidence-based valuation and is a requirement when a property valuation is for tax purposes or forms part of legal proceedings.

“I provide RICS Red Book Valuations, including in support of divorce proceedings, probate, capital gains tax calculations or the Help To Buy scheme.”

Party Wall Advice

The Party Wall etc. Act 1996 governs work undertaken to party walls, boundary walls and excavations near neighbouring buildings.

“I support clients in understanding whether or not the Act applies, drafting and serving notices when it does, and acting as Party Wall Surveyor in the event that a dispute should arise”

Energy Report

Do you want to make your house warmer or make it cheaper to run, or perhaps both?

An Energy Report will provide you with insight on the current energy efficiency and sustainability of your property and provides intelligent recommendations for how this can be improved.

“The report is suitable for both purchasers and existing house owners and is also useful for landlords wanting to understand how they can best achieve Minimum Energy Efficiency Standards (MEES).”